Daisies

A patch provokes the lazy eye,
Daisies scattered, snowflake white,
Sunshine spots in a sea of jade,
Blinking at an innocent face,
Nature's voice sings bright and shrill
A meadow's walk on a sunlit hill.

And that next day I did return
To spy the daisies standing tall
With beaming grins and dancing eyes,
A beauty in a darkened life.
In greeting, kindly bade their thanks
That I was here to watch them dance.

Three months passed, and every day
I walked among the sea of jade.
The Sun sped up as air grew cold,
Biting through my heavy coat.
And daisies started to droop and slip,
Snowflake white now grey as mist.

Once last time I chanced a stroll,
To my sunlit hill with sun now dull
To see my daisies, strong and tall,
But time had helped them see their fall.
They're swallowed down by hungry soil
And
Sooner
Than
I
Thought.

Comments