We're The Same

I realised we're the same the day you came into school with a scrunchie on your wrist to hide the scars you left there. Despite your cover-ups, I saw them, and when I tried to help it blew up in both our faces. When you cried into my shoulder, I heard myself in your sobs.


I realised we're the same when you took 3 days off and refused to say what was wrong. You didn't need to, because I saw myself in your silent suffering and adamant eyes.

I realised we're the same when you broke down your walls for a week because your parents split up.

I realised we're the same when you told me you were punished for something you didn't do.

I realised we're the same when you said you can't eat because of the voices in your head.

I realised we're the same when you had your heart broken by a boy who doesn't care.

We're all the same, really. And not one of us is alone.

Comments